Friday, October 12, 2012

everything means EVERYTHING

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

I have read this verse before, written about this verse and lived out this verse.  I know this verse and the meaning it holds in my life.

I knew all week Friday was coming, it was inevitable.  I knew that Friday would hold a $1700 hole that I could not fill, I knew that on Fridy I needed to withdraw funds for tithing.  I knew my insurance nightmare had become an even greater mess.

I didn't waiver on the tithe.  But I will say it didn't make sense.  But guess what?  Out of all the money owed on my list, that was at least achievable.  I found that to be positive.  However the nagging thought followed of all the bills that wouldn't be paid and would create great problems.

I know that God can anything.  But I didn't see how this could fulfilled.  I also knew I or we had created this mess, though I'm still not sure how, so maybe it makes sense for God to let me feel the effects of the consequences.

Honestly, I didn't know.  I hadn't been worried or fixated on this throughout the week, but it did pass through my mind from time to time.  But I alwasy reasoned that if it wasn't pay day then the problem wasn't on  my plate for the day.

But today is Friday, it is payday.

First I figured out the priorities.  UGH there was $222 to pay $1700 worth of bills and celebrate Alex's birthday.  Then a math error and I have another $360.  Then an idea pops in about stock sale, call to Jeff and by 11am we have $1816 for bills.

God has everything under His control.  everything means EVERYTHING!  My humaness doesn't allow for me to understand or predict God.  I don't need to.  I simply need to trust that He has EVERYTHING under control.  I only need to follow Him daily where He leads, spend time with Him daily so that I will know His voice and guidance and above all trust Him.

I guess that I forgot again the magnitude that everything means EVERYTHING.  He has me.  I need to trust and follow.  Be free to allow Him to work through me to reach others every minute of every day and not get sidetracked with details that I clearly can't care for anyway.

Just look at how He cares and provides for the birds.  Thank You Father for the reminder.  Thank You for caring for me and for continuing grow my faith through perfectly experiencing You.  Father, bless the time I have with Alex today.  Father fill this time with love, laughter and joy as we celebrate her life.  Father cover the game tonight with Your protection.  Guide the students in attendance, grant them life and safety.  Father give me peace.  Into Your hands I place them all that Your will might prevail.  In Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment