My reading time has presented many things to think about this week.
~ A jar filled with thankfulful events of the year
~ A jar filled with how God has revealed himself
~ God uses all of our experiences with Him to reveal Himself, to grow our faith and prepare us for what we will encounter next.
~ By focusing on being amazed by "what" God did you will lose focus on being amazed by Him.
And then I read Hebrew 5:12b-14
You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
God has "done" many things for me over the years. I remember a lot because I write so frequently, but I am sure there are even more that I have forgotten.
I loved the idea of having a "Thankful" jar to fill with things that happen throughout the year that I can remember and reflect upon at Thanksgiving or even New Year's.
I REALLY liked the idea of filling a jar, notebook, blog with how God has revealed Himself. Being intentional regarding God's presence, activity, preparation and teaching in my life. I would like to take what I have done in the past and focus on my relationship with God. What He is revealing to me about Himself. Allow Him more freedom to lead our relationship.
If I went back and read past writings I bet I would find a lot of "me." There was lots of growing and learning. I loved every minute. But the times when I grow most are the times where I focus on Him and allow Him to lead.
I want to be ready to face what tomorrow will bring because God had room to prepare me today. I want to spiritually grow. I think in order to do this, God has been giving me some things to think about this week. Now it will be up to me if I will take His hand and follow His lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment