If I were left on my own today, then today I would describe the experience of being human as the opportunity to be swallowed up by my own self-pity; overwhelming confusion brought on by the actions and decisions of those who choose to not have a relationship with me or most of the immediate family; to be human and without guidance I would crawl up on the couch, watch it rain and feel no joy.
Thankfully, I am not a human who is left to my own devices and understanding. I am a child of God and He doesn't leave me in these dark places too long.
Even though I did want to host & attend my personal pity party, I was also conflicted and trying to understand how I could host such a party when I knew the life Jesus lived and ultimately He died for us all. Jesus was mocked, insulted, beaten, falsely tried and then suffered crucifixion for each of us. But I'm stuck and I don't know how to move from this space, these emotions & thoughts.
Father, help me please. I can not do this on my own.
Then immediately on the radio I heard this song by Building 429
I am so thankful to be reminded that this is NOT where I belong. Take this world and all that it holds, Father, give me Jesus.
To sing the words of this song and mean them from the very bottom of your soul, is powerful. It is transforming. It puts everything in perspective!
Thank You Father, thank You! Through Christ I come. Amen.
Today is truly a reflection of Matthew 19:26 With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible..
Before crying out to God, I knew where my head and heart were. I could not see a way through, not on my own. But going before the throne and seeking Him, asking Him to transform my heart and my thoughts...
Well all I can say is in my own hands it would be impossible for me to move from where I was. But in the hands of God, not only is moving possible, it was instantaneous and complete.
I am beyond thankful. I am thankful for a God who can speak to me perfectly in any moment. I am thankful for the lyrics that God provided through Building 429. I am thankful for my relationship with Christ. This relationship is so vital to me surviving and thriving in this world. I would not be who I am today without Christ, without the Holy Spirit. I am blessed beyond what I deserve and because of this I want to extend the love of Christ to all those around me. Father, You know the current family dynamic. I have no answers. But Father, these broken relationships stand like a gaping open wound in our family. Father I commit each of us into Your hands for You to mold and to make and to move in and among us. Father grant us each Your guidance and Your compassion for one another that You would be glorified through each interaction. Father through Christ I come with open heart and mind. Father lead the way. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment