May I say that weekends have historically been impossible for me to show restraint regarding food. Weekends lack routine and offer any-time-I-want access to the pantry and grocery store.... I never stood a chance at success.
BUT NOT THIS WEEKEND!!!!
Complete success and no feelings of being deprived, no sadness, no longing for food I "couldn't " have.
And last night God even provided an opportunity to share what I have learned.
This morning's Bible reading shows me I am without question on a Good path, a Guided path and that God is leading and providing.
1 Peter 2:2-3 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.
I have truly tasted how Good the LORD is and it is redefining a major battleground in my life. I have read this verse before, I can honestly say today that it holds a new meaning, a deeper meaning, a life-changing message for me.
Yes, now that I have tasted the life He has for me, I crave my LORD and Savior. Though I know I have not fully travelled this path, last week provided a new-found freedom in Him.....
And always true to Himself.... God has provided guidance and wisdom for my today and the days to come.
1 Peter 13:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 13:8-9 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
I love this critical reminder that I need to prepare my mind for action.... this is where my battle really exists. Be self-controlled and evaluate these choices before me to discern from the lies, and focus my cravings on the LORD, Jesus Christ.
And after reflecting on the growth in my relationship with Christ last week I am truly filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. I am receiving fruit from my faith and my soul has drawn nearer to Him.
Life in Christ does not get any better than this. I am soooo thankful to be a child of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment