Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Relationship with God

Ever thought about your relationship with God?  I don't know that I had really thought about the answer to this question until it came up for discussion in our youth group last year.  I can tell you that since the question was asked, I think about it A LOT and it's wonderful.  The next two paragraphs come directly from the study we did in our youth group.

Unless someone asks, it's not really something you think about.  It's an important question.  No matter who we are, we all have a Godview.  And the way we think about God affects how we interact with our world.

A.W. Tozer said, "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”For many of us, it’s just a vague impression formed when we were younger. For some, it’s an image of someone against whom we have a strong resistance. For others, God is personal and mysterious, offering an adventure to anyone ready to pursue a relationship with Him. While we can never really know everything about God—because He’s that big and that mysterious—the things we can learn about Him shape the way we respond to whatever life brings.

Galatians 4:5-7 Thus we have been set free to experience our rightful heritage.  You can tell for sure that you are now fully adopted as his own children because God sent the Spirit of his Son into our lives crying out, "Papa! Father!"  Doesn't that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are... <His> child? (MSG)

So what is my Godview?   Dynamic!!!!  God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are constantly moving in and around me to draw me near, to help me to become the best me as God created me, to guide my path, to love me, discipline, protect and teach me.

The verses above immediately made me think of my Godview as soon as I read them.  I do feel fully adopted as His child and I have run into my Papa's arms, sat on my Papa's lap, rested in His care, listened at His feet, cried on His shoulder, hung my head in shame as I stared at the Cross, feared in my time away from Him.

I love the phase "privilege of intimate conversation with God."  Yes, my relationship with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is an intimate one..... for no one knows me more perfectly and what a wonderful privilege it is.

I pray your relationship with God is filled with such intimacy.




No comments:

Post a Comment