Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Few and The Many

Matthew 15:29-31 Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.

I have been reading through the New Testament for the last 21 days, I am loving every minute of it and learning so very much.  Reading through the NT chronologically has been a really Good experience.  I am gleaning so much from this perspective.

What strikes me with the above verses is how many come but how few are truly transformed yet all are amazed.

Jesus ministers, heals and teaches from town to town but eventually goes to find a quiet place.  The crowds always follow, always want to be near Him, want to see His miraculous wonder.  He heals many, ministers to many, teaches the multitudes, but few truly hear.

From the passages I have read, there is usually one, sometimes two persons that Jesus acknowledges by saying "because of your faith" you or your loved one has been healed.  The great numbers are there to see like spectators, to witness from the sidelines, though seeking their needs be fulfilled.  The few are there to see Him and be healed from the inside out.

How exhausting and frustrating that must have been and must still be today.

Father I desire to truly see You, to be changed from my heart and have it flow from the inside out.  Father I need You.  I am here LORD, always falling short, but ALWAYS seeking to be closer to You, more like You, to honor and glorify You.  I lay my life before You Abba, I want to be counted among the few, Your true believers who "see" You and are changed.  Father, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment