It is so very good to be a child of God!!!! Insert <AMEN> right here!!
I was in the middle of a party that I didn't want to be at and I didn't know how to leave. As a child of God we are armed with an arsenal of weapons that help us not only survive but THRIVE in this world.
And prayer is powerful my friend! Combine prayer with your own willingness to be transformed and WATCH OUT!!
I wrote that last post, concluded with prayer and began to walk through life. No it wasn't instantly differently, everything wasn't all of a sudden all better.
What happened immediately was I was aware of where I was, what I was in the middle of and WHO was trying to steal my peace and joy this season.
I continued to read my devotion. I was more purposeful in my decision and prayer. I attempted to slow the pace. Yet everything still seems disconnected. The dots were getting closer, yet still not connecting.
On Thursday morning last week I woke up and something felt different. God was moving around me, I could feel His presence.
During my morning devotion I heard God loud and clear with a message regarding me and this Christmas season..... "Stay ever close to Me, and you will not deviate from the path I have prepared for you. That is the most efficient way to stay on track; it is also the most enjoyable way."
Then on the ride into work He speaks again.... the second devotion closes with these very words: "there is still time to refocus and make room for Christ this Christmas, today!"
Doesn't get much more clear than that. I knew it was a crossroads kind of day. Stop fence dancing and focus! God was giving me a choice: "Focus solely on Christ or get lost this season in a sea of chaos."
Thankfully I found my focus on Christ Jesus, my Savior. It is Good and Peace and Joy have been fully restored to my soul. The bounce in my step is back, there's smile on face and hugs for all.
So now what?
Well everything is not peaches and cream. Hiccups and road bumps are still experienced along the way. Just as we are all uniquely created, we all have a different focus this holiday season.
Finding my focus in Christ was certainly the key for me in approaching these individual differences.
I want Christ to be the center of my world, the force that guides my decisions. My anchor. The reason I celebrate this season. For me Christmas begins the Easter season and Easter is EVERYTHING.
I want my heart to be in the right place, not a self-righteous place. I want Christ to be glorified. I want my convictions, decisions, plans and celebrations to provide opportunities for Christ to be a part of the discussion. I want my excitement and love of Christ to be infectious and to inspire those around me.
So when plans become disrupted or a change must occur it has been interesting to witness my own transformation this season as I have grown in Christ.
Early disruptions threw me into a tailspin. I was wild, out-of-control, trying to please everyone and pleasing no one, I had no direction and no focus.
Now when we hit snafu, I have but one focus. I must begin Easter at Church 6pm on 12/24/11 praising and worshipping the Christ Child. We have plans to leave Terre Haute at 430 pm as long as the weather is clear, otherwise we'll leave a little earlier. With our hearts in the right place and seeking Him, we've done all we can do, we simply must place the remainder in His hands and trust our night to Him.
That is the basis for making decisions this holiday season. I ask Christ to bless our home, our family and our friends with the Love that Christ offers to each of us. I pray they each feel His presence and seek Him this holiday. I pray this Christmas a Savior, who was once born a baby would melt the heart of those who don't know You and lead the way to the cross this Easter. I stand willing and ready for You to work through me to reach those You long to bring home. Father, thank You for Jesus. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment