Friday, April 5, 2013

Through my mountains God makes passages

I was having a really good morning.  It's Friday, the sun is shining, the temperature is warm.  No complaints :)

And then.

I send an overly helpful text that doesn't receive a response.  Later on a send a different message asking a question on another topic.  No response.

Those two actions left me questioning why I must usher my helpful self into situations where I don't always belong?

I've done this for my entire life.

Sometimes it receives positive responses and other times silence.  The silent ones leave me with doubt and insecurity which sky rocket into every available area.

Today it lead into my job security, family relationships, and then a whole host of worries.

Thankful for the break in the day that lunch provides, I open my bible study and there await two verses for my melancholy, self-pity filled person!

Isaiah 49:11  I will turn all My mountains into roads, and all My highways will be raised up

Isaiah 55:8-9  "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

I get it!  I know.

But I couldn't shake the mood, couldn't focus on God.  UGH, more frustration.

Then the big interruption.  I have looked for probably 12 or 13 years for a milk glass candy bowl that would resemble my grandmother's.  Last week I found it!!!  I knew it would take a while to arrive and I thought I had it mailed to my home address.....

But today, that very candy dish arrived at my office.

The joy it held, the memories to just look at it.  Most excellent!

Why I respond the way I do to situations and how people respond to me is not for me to question.  My job is only to follow where I feel I am lead.  I tend to make mountains out of little ant hills.  My silly, human self.  Thankfully God's ways are not our ways and God can turn my mountains into passageways.

What a might God we have the opportunity to serve.  I only catch glimpses of my Almighty Father, I cannot how much more He truly is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment