Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
Through my personal belief of Jesus as the Son of God, I have received salvation and from my salvation springs repentance and rest.
When I become aware of something I need to turn from, well that becomes my focus. I love repentance and the freedom that comes from it.
Honestly though? I mean really honest!
I never thought about the rest that I receive through salvation.
I never thought about quietness and trust providing strength.
I take rest and quietness for granted and as a result I didn't think my trust needed cultivated. I thought my strength would just always "be."
We have had a pretty hectic on-again-short-break-on-again life since late April. But even prior to this new level of chaos, I had not made time for rest or quietness in quite some time.
The affects of our schedule have truly taken their toll on my mind, body and Spirit.
The thought bouncing around in my head is "I'm tired, I need to do nothing for awhile."
Doesn't that seem like a simple solution to my problem? My extreme tiredness really came full force this weekend and until today, doing nothing seemed to make sense and carry a truthful resolution for my tiredness. Doing nothing may have seemed harmless but if I had believed and followed down this path I would be seriously detouring from the path God would choose for me. This thought bouncing around in my head is a lie!
This weekend I said a couple of times, "I need quiet," "I am enjoying the quietness of this moment," "LORD, please surround me in quiet." Around 7am on Sunday I remember being desperate for quietness. It felt comparable to needing water when feeling dehydrated. I remember the urgent need for quietness, but I hadn't received full understanding yet.
This morning when I read Isaiah 30:15 I see my All-Knowing Father opening His pathway for me.
After reading this verse I see Satan was offering his own different pathway through the false path he offered. If I had believed the lie, I would have defined "do nothing" as mindless TV, more sleep, hibernating and being anti-social.
Truth is I may be tired and want to do nothing, but there has never been a more critical time to NOT do nothing but instead to do something, be intentional. Isaiah 30:15 provides clear remedy for this Spiritual dehydration & exhaustion I am feeling.
I need to make time for rest, it is a gift from my salvation.
I need to renew my strength by seeking quietness so I can hear from Him, be challenged by Him and grow in trust.
By making a priority to seek quietness and rest in my Father through my I will be strengthened. I will truly become rested in and through Him.
I am so thankful to be able to see the lie before me and also find the path that God provides perfectly to keep me near Him.
Dear Heavenly Father, I am so very tired. Just as You have exposed the lie, I need help in defining quiet space and time. I know what this time looked like before, but now my life has changed. I seek You, I need Your perfect ordering of my day. Please show me where rest and quietness fit naturally. Father, prepare Jeff for this reordering of days. I pray He will benefit from they days You lay before us or hears the ordering of the day You have for him as we. Father I am so thankful for this life You have given us. Lead us now each day. In Christ I come, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment